Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Klein Shine

Hey guys!

So as I mentioned in my previous post from (yikes!) a month ago, I had been working on a graphic design contract for someone very special. While representing Ubisoft at the C2MTL event in Montreal this past June, I met Mr. Harry Klein, who likes to present himself as "The Best Shoe Shiner in the World". Needless to say, I haven't seen very many shoe shiners in my life, and so Mr. Klein's stand and his presence at such a high-class event as C2MTL surprised and intrigued me. 

We shared a few conversations, and I soon realized Harry wasn't only a great shoe shiner, but he was also a very opinionated and passionate businessman, who was always wiling to go the extra mile to give his clients the best possible experience. From his official uniform to the classy custom-made leather chairs he designed himself, he spared no details when it came to marketing his services. The only thing he was truly missing was a logo, and the unified branding that goes with it.

Long story short, he asked if I would be willing to create a new visual identity for The Klein Shine. Branding has become over the past 2 years a bit of an on-going personal interest for me, and so I was very happy to be able to try my hand at it once more.

Mr. Klein had a very specific idea what he wanted, and so he requested that the image of a cherry be used as part of the new logo. As he works frequently in large corporate events amongst other businessmen, his presence has frequently been described as "the cherry on top of the cake", as it always adds a little extra touch of unexpected classiness wherever he goes. We both liked the idea, and so I started working.


Above is the option he picked from my initial submission.


I then made some modifications to come up with this final version of the logo.


The business cards, in both French and English.


New stationary paper (I also made a French version).


The final printed cards, which were printed via Moo.com who did an AMAZING job. I highly recommend their site for anyone who wants great quality business cards. The picture doesn't do the printing any justice at all, trust me.


All in all, I'm very happy with the results. I don't pretend to have much experience in graphic design, and all I know is entirely self-thought. But I like to think I managed to capture the essence of Mr. Klein's unique service with this new branding.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Just by looking at the logo I understand the story behind it. Great work Fanny (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey tu as réussi à commenter! :D Merci mon amie! xxx

      Delete