Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Superhero Design

Still for my character design class, we had to come up with a hero or antihero character concept. I try to challenge myself on every assignment by getting out of my comfort zone and attempting new styles and/or techniques, making this course a good opportunity for exploration. In this particular assignment I  went for more classical proportions and anatomy, which is definitely not my usual style. I also wanted to try creating something more moody, and dark, while keeping it feminine. Also, superhero stuff in general really isn't my main area of comfort and interest, so the whole thing felt completely unlike myself at first haha

I'm pretty happy with the result, though I think I could have pushed the highlights a bit more. Her face is getting lost more than I'd want in the dark mass of her hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment