Monday, November 12, 2012

Cracked Porcelain

As a follow up to last week's post, here is my second go at a creepy creature/monster for a hypothetical live-action film. I had no desire to do something "disgusting" per say, as I cringe at the sight of twisted and nasty bodily stuff, however you want to interpret that, so I went for a different kind of creepy. We were free to do something that fitted anywhere on the human/inhuman scale, so I chose to give life to a porcelain doll. In fact she's a bit of a hybrid between a porcelain doll and your average disturbing little girl. I thought of her as a life size demonic figurine or something like that.

Anyway, this started out as the most unappealing assignment in my life, but it turns out I had a lot of fun painting this. Definitely doesn't fall within my usual style, but I had fun with it, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment